It's summertime...finally! Now that the humid hot weather is here, a cool refreshing mixed drink makes for the perfect beverage for a summer evening with friends. Whip up these delicious passion fruit Hurricane's for a couple of your closet Red Hat Society ladies and relax in summer's glory. These are easy and so delicious, you'll want to make these again and again. But remember to drink responsibly ladies! You could even make these non-alcoholic sans the rum. Let's not let this summer pas us by, make the most of it and live it up! Here are the simple and yummy ingredients and directions for tasty passion fruit hurricane mixed drinks.
* 2 cups passion fruit juice
* 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
* 3/4 cup lime juice
* 3/4 cup light rum
* 3/4 cup dark rum
* 3 tablespoons grenadine syrup
* 6 to 8 cups ice cubes
* Orange slices and maraschino cherries
* In a pitcher, combine the fruit juice, sugar, lime juice, rum and grenadine; stir until sugar is dissolved.
* Pour into hurricane or highball glasses filled with ice. Garnish with orange slices and cherries. Yield: 6 servings.
Recipe provided by Taste of Home.