Happy New Year from your friends at The Red Hat Society Store! With this new year upon us, we wanted to add some life into the blog and show you a few craft ideas with a feature we call Craft Corner. These craft projects are fun to do with your ladies or you can do them by yourself to decorate at your next red hat gathering. We hope you'll find some inspiration!
Paper Tape FlagsOur first craft is really simple and can jazz up your dessert or appetizer table. Just think of these cute flags on cupcakes, a layered cake, muffins, finger foods, etc. They would also be cute in potted plants for a centerpiece idea.
Let's get started!
- colorful paper tape
- sturdy toothpicks
- ruler or tape measure
- Cut a 2 inch piece of decorative tape.
- Hold the tape, sticky side up, and place the toothpick in the center. Fold the one side of the tape carefully over the other.
- Trim the ends if there is any overlap.
- Cut a decorative triangle into the edge, if you wish.
- Place in your favorite desserts, finger foods or add to potted plants as a centerpiece for a party.
If you'd like to use what we used, find our fun paper tape here at The Red Hat Society Store (click on the links below)
- Red Chevron Paper Tape
- Pink Jumbo Dot Paper Tape
- Red Jumbo Dot Paper Tape
- Red Mini Dot Paper Tape
- Pink Chevron Paper Tape