It's fun to decorate for Red Hat Society events, but it can be pricey, too! We found these tall glass candles at the dollar store and thought we could jazz it up! This easy wrapped candle centerpiece is easy as pie, inexpensive and makes a big impact.
Easy Paper Wrapped Candles
- Elmer's Glue
- Foam brush or craft paint brush
- Decorative Paper
- One inch grosgrain red ribbon
- Tall glass candles (we found ours at the Dollar Store)
- Cut the decorative paper so that it fits nicely around the glass candle with a bit of overlap. We found that having an inch or so of the glass still exposed at the top looked pretty and maybe a 1/4 inch of glass at the bottom kept the paper from creasing at the bottom.
- Water down the Elmer's glue and apply a think layer of glue on the decorative paper with a foam brush or craft paint brush.
- Carefully apply the glued paper to the glass, smoothing as you go, until wrapped completely around the glass candle. Let dry a few hours.
- Tie the grosgrain ribbon around the middle of the candle and into a nice little bow.