This paper straw wreath is a real show-stopper! It's a little candy-striper, a little 50's soda shop and all fun. Hang one up at your next event!
Paper Straw Wreath
- Flat Cardboard Ring made out of scrap cardboard
- Striped Paper Straws (about 90)
- Elmer's Glue (we thought hot glue dried too fast)
- Raffia or ribbon for hanging
- Cut out a cardboard ring out of scrap cardboard. Ours measured 8 3/4 inches on the outside and 6 1/4 inches on the inside.
- Do a trial placement of the straws by lining them up close together over the cardboard ring. After you like the way it looks, set the amount of straws you'll need aside.
- Apply glue in 3 inch sections directly on the cardboard ring. Working quickly, line up your straws to cover the patch of cardboard that has the glue applied. Move onto the next 3 inch section and continue until the cardboard ring is covered in the paper straws. Let dry 24 hours.
- Use decorative raffia to tie a loop for hanging your wreath. You can also add an accent bow like we did with more raffia.