These paper cone trees make for a beautiful accent on your mantel or around the house for the holidays or any time. It's a great way to use up scraps of paper from your other craft projects, too! We used different types of scrapbook paper in The Red Hat Society colors and we love how it turned out. Make one for yourself!
Paper Cone Trees
Use whichever size cardboard cone you like or make a series of three in different sizes for great impact! You can find the cardboard cones, circle punch and hot glue gun at your local craft store. A guitar pick-style whole punch would work nicely here, too.
- 14 - inch cardboard cone
- hot glue gun
- 1 - inch circle paper punch
- scrapbook paper in different patterns and RHS colors
- Use your circle paper punch to punch out lots of paper circles. Bend the ends of the circles up with your fingers a bit and this will help give the tree dimension.
- Carefully add a dot of hot glue to the top of the non-curled part of the paper circle and attach to the cone, starting at the bottom and completing the bottom row before moving up to the next row. Continue, working your way to the top.
- Finish by gluing your favorite designs at the top of the tree and optionally you can affix a sparkly small ornament or a sparkle poof at the top for a tree topper.